Here’s a little compilation of some of my favorite restaurant choices in the Philly and DelMarVa area. If you have a favorite that didn’t end up here…feel free to invite me out to try it!
5. The Oregon Grille: My frequent birthday choice, this longstanding classic in Maryland is definitely for the white tablecloth set. While an excellent option for dinner, particularly if you enjoy live piano music in the background, we tend to go for lunch. Their Grilled Oysters are plump and are unique to the usual fried or raw oysters I normally get, and the Dry Aged Carpaccio is perfect for hot summer days. It’s old school, and I love it.
1. A(muse.): One of the most innovative restaurants out there, but with options that range from flavorful frog legs to crispy soft shells, Chef Cameron’s menu appeals to both adventurous and more reserved diners. If something like Bone Marrow Oreos sounds exciting to you, then this place is a must. For people who just want a quick drink and bite, the cocktail list here is solid and there’s even a late night happy hour.
2. Our Harvest: I first visited this spot a few weeks after it opened and I was blown away. With a seasonal menu that constantly changes, there are huge options for sharing and smaller plates that offer up delectable bites. Go hungry and order one of everything.
4. The Dandelion Pub: Although I am (rightfully) called snobby, I love pubs. The Dandelion perfectly elevates that love with Deviled Eggs seasoned with powerful curry and rich Chicken & Duck Liver Parfait balanced with the bite of a cornichon. When I wash it all down with a pint of Bombardier, I am a happy girl.
5. Royal Tavern: Now, it may seem weird that a bar makes my list, but Royal Tavern is by far one of the best bars in the city. With options like Duck Confit Potato Skins (my favorite) and a solid beer list, this is a great place to check out for a quick, cheap bite in South Philly.