Here’s a little compilation of some of my favorite restaurant choices in the Philly and DelMarVa area. If you have a favorite that didn’t end up here…feel free to invite me out to try it!
3. The Oregon Grille: My frequent birthday choice, this longstanding classic in Maryland is definitely for the white tablecloth set. While an excellent option for dinner, particularly if you enjoy live piano music in the background, we tend to go for lunch. Their Grilled Oysters are plump and are unique to the usual fried or raw oysters I normally get, and the Dry Aged Carpaccio is perfect for hot summer days. It’s old school, and I love it.
4. Zorbas: Often my choice for a birthday dinner, Zorbas is greek food at its best. No meal here is complete without the Grilled Octopus, which has been one of my favorite dishes since I was about five. Also, their Grilled Bread, Lamp Lollipops, and Tzatziki never disappoint. Come casual and be prepared for heavy pours.
1. A(muse.): One of the most innovative restaurants out there, but with options that range from flavorful frog legs to crispy soft shells, Chef Cameron’s menu appeals to both adventurous and more reserved diners. If something like Bone Marrow Oreos sounds exciting to you, then this place is a must. For people who just want a quick drink and bite, the cocktail list here is solid and there’s even a late night happy hour.
2. Our Harvest: I first visited this spot a few weeks after it opened and I was blown away. With a seasonal menu that constantly changes, there are huge options for sharing and smaller plates that offer up delectable bites. Go hungry and order one of everything.
4. Vedge: I am not opposed to eating vegan food, but oftentimes I feel like I’m missing something by the end of a meal. That’s not the case with Vedge. There is an attention to detail, and emphasis on bold flavors, and a rotating cocktail list that always has me coming back for more. Some of my favorites include the Nebrodini Mushrooms, Eggplant Braciole, and the Seared Maitake Mushrooms.
5. The Dandelion Pub: Although I am (rightfully) called snobby, I love pubs. The Dandelion perfectly elevates that love with Deviled Eggs seasoned with powerful curry and rich Chicken & Duck Liver Parfait balanced with the bite of a cornichon. When I wash it all down with a pint of Bombardier, I am a happy girl.